Pursuing innovation through collaboration and exploration.
The Center hosts and facilitates group-funded VirtualPilot Studies as a way for the industry to come together, openly exchange ideas and share their expertise . Our Studies use a simulated modeling process that allows participants to test and analyze a wider range of variables and scenarios that may lead to deeper understanding, advanced technologies and new innovation.
- By pooling together industry talents and resources, Study Teams are able to:
- Virtually come together without geographical constraints
- Gain insights from new perspectives and different areas of expertise
- Experiment and test, allowing for repetition to clarify any uncertainty
- Share in expenses. including the costs of traditional buildings and laboratories
- Lead the way through industry education, exploration and discovery
The Study Process
During a Study, Core Teams have unlimited access to work-in-progress documents, weekly meeting recaps and monthly summaries. A Study blog is created to facilitate an open, free-flow of dialogue, feedback, ideas and opinions.
Upon completion of a Study, the Center archives all artifacts including ReferenceModels, White Papers, Education Modules and Topic Monographs. Only the agreed-upon Team archives are openly published for general access and further use.